- About Us
- Day of Giving
All donations go to the WCMA Grant Fund which supports local charities serving Western North Carolina. There are several ways to donate to the WCMA:
1. Mail a check to Peter Heckman, WCMA, P.O. Box 374, Skyland, NC 28776.
2. Become a Weekend of Giving Member Partner. This can be done at several different levels. For more information, click here.
3. Make an online donation to WCMA, click here.
4. Make a stock gift. For more information, click here.
5. Honor someone with a gift to the WCMA. For more information, click here.
6. Make a charitable gift through your IRA. For more information, click here.
Recently, the Federal Government passed the C.A.R.E.S. Act to help support the economy during the COVID 19 pandemic. A few key provisions are important to making charitable donations.
Suspension of 2020 Required Minimum Distributions
Within the legislation is an exemption for Required Minimum
Distributions (RMD) in 2020. This exemption applies to IRAs, SEP IRAs,
SIMPLE IRAs, and other retirement plans and allows you to suspend your
2020 RMD. This suspension not only applies to Traditional IRA holders
but also Inherited IRA beneficiaries.
Another noteworthy feature of the legislation is the temporary increase
of the AGI limit on cash donations to charities. Previously, taxpayers
were limited to 60% of their Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), but the
C.A.R.E.S. Act increases that limitation to 100% of AGI. This means
that you can significantly reduce your tax bill while helping others
during this extraordinary crisis.